EASYJET PREPAID CARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Agreement applies to Your Prepaid Card. You must read it carefully. By applying for or using the Prepaid Card, You are agreeing to the terms set out in this Agreement. Your rights and obligations in relation to Your Prepaid Card Account are as set out in this Agreement.
- "Account" means the account to which Your Prepaid Card authorised by You are linked.
- "Agreement" means these Prepaid Card terms and conditions and.
- "ATM" means automated teller machine, i.e. cash dispenser.
- "Available Funds" means the value at any given time of unspent funds loaded onto Your Prepaid Card and available to pay for transactions and fees and charges payable under this Agreement.
- "Customer Services": if there is anything You do not understand or agree with please contact Us as follows: Telephone 01753 778785 or Postal address: Card Services, PO Box 67528, London, EC2P 2HU or Email: email@example.com
- "Denominated Currency" means Euros.
- "Lost or Stolen Prepaid Card Contact Number" means +44(0)1753 778785 from within and outside UK.
- "Prepaid Card" means the prepaid VISA card issued to You
- "Merchant" means a provider of goods and/or services who accepts the Prepaid Card as a means of payment whether by distance means (e.g. by telephone and on-line) or over the counter (as applicable).
- "Programme Manager" has the meaning given to it in Section .
- "Wirecard Card Solutions Limited" has the meaning given to it in Section .
- "We", "Us" or "Our" means Wirecard Card Solutions Limited.
- "Website" means www.prepaid.easyJet.com.
- "You" and "Your" means the named Prepaid Card holder to whom the Prepaid Card is issued
- A "Shortfall" occurs when a transaction is completed when there are insufficient funds on the Prepaid Card for that transaction.
1. YOUR PREPAID CARD
- a) Your Prepaid Card is an electronic money product regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Your Prepaid Card is not a credit card and is not in any way connected to Your bank account. Funds loaded onto Your Prepaid Card will not earn any interest.
- b) Your Prepaid Card is not transferrable; it may only be used by You.
2. APPLYING FOR AND ACTIVATING YOUR PREPAID CARD
- a) To apply for Our Prepaid Card, You must be at least 18 years old and a UK resident. We may ask to see evidence of who You are and Your address. We may ask for documentary evidence to prove this and/or We may carry out checks on You electronically.
- b) When We perform electronic checks, personal information provided by You may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency who may keep a record of that information. A credit check is not performed and Your credit rating will not be affected. By applying for the Prepaid Card You are agreeing to Your information being passed to such agencies for this purpose.
- c) As soon as You receive Your Prepaid Card You must sign the signature strip on the back of it and activate it as per the instructions on the card carrier. It cannot be used until this has been done.
3. LOADING YOUR PREPAID CARD
- a) A load fee may apply for certain load methods, please see the Fees and Limits Section 13.
- b) Funds can be loaded to Your Account by You. Instructions on how to do this are available on the Website.
- c) Limits apply to the number of times Your Account may be loaded in a day and certain minimum and maximum load limits apply, these limits are set out in the Fees and Limits Section below. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular loading transaction.
- d) Upon receipt, Your funds will be available for use without delay.
4. USING YOUR PREPAID CARD
- a) You can use the Prepaid Card at any location in the world that displays the VISA Acceptance Mark. Before using the Prepaid Card You need to make sure there are sufficient Available Funds. If You set up a recurring payment or regular subscription using Your Prepaid Card, You must ensure that there are sufficient Available Funds to cover it.
- b) You will not be able to use Your Prepaid Card after its expiry date.
- c) Spending/withdrawal limits may apply to Your Prepaid Card, see the Fees and Limits Section 13 for full details.
- d) All payments made using Your Prepaid Card shall be in its Denominated Currency. If You are paying for goods and services in a different currency to the Denominated Currency, the amount payable shall be converted at the VISA conversion rate at the time they process Your transaction. The VISA conversion rate is displayed on the Visa website. The VISA conversion rate may vary throughout the day and is not set by Us. In addition, a foreign currency fee will apply, see the Fees and Limits Section 13.
- e) We will deduct the value of Your transactions from the balance on Your Prepaid Card as soon as they are made. We will also deduct any applicable fees as soon as they become payable by You, see the Fees and Limits Section below for details.
- f) The Prepaid Card belongs to Wirecard Card Solutions Limited. We may at any time suspend, restrict or cancel Your Prepaid Card or refuse to issue or replace a Prepaid Card for reasons relating to the following:
- We are concerned about the security of Your Account or Prepaid Cards We have issued to You;
- We suspect Your Account is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
- You break an important part of this Agreement, or repeatedly break any term in this Agreement and fail to resolve the matter in a timely manner; or
- We need to do so to comply with the law.
- if We suspect Your Prepaid Card is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
- if sufficient funds are not loaded on Your Prepaid Card at the time of a transaction to cover the amount of the transaction and any applicable fees; or
- if We believe that a transaction will break the law;
- We can already return money paid to your payment instrument by mistake, however, if you don't think a payment made to you from a payment service provider in the EEA was a mistake, we may also be allowed to share your personal information with the paying payment service provider so that you can be contacted directly.
- This is because we are required to cooperate with other payment service providers and share all relevant information in order to assist with tracing money which is sent to the wrong person.
When the Card is used at certain merchants including bars and restaurants, an additional amount (typically 10%-20%) is automatically added as an anticipated service charge or tip, temporarily reducing the balance on the Account. When the Card is used to purchase fuel at an automated fuel pump, the Account must have a minimum credit of typically between GB£10-£50 or currency equivalent .This is to ensure there are sufficient funds available to cover the final cost of the transaction and to reduce the risk of a negative balance arising on the Account.
5. AUTHORISING TRANSACTIONS
- a) The authorisation of a transaction can include authorising any single transaction, a series of recurring transactions (including transactions for an indefinite period) or pre-authorising future transactions of a certain or uncertain amount.
- b) A Prepaid Card transaction will be regarded as authorised by You where You authorise the transaction at the point of sale by following the instructions provided by the Merchant to authorise the transaction, which includes:
- entering Your PIN or providing any other security code;
- signing a sales voucher;
- providing the Prepaid Card details and/ or providing any other details as requested;
- waving or swiping the Prepaid Card over a card reader;
- inserting a Prepaid Card and entering Your PIN to request a cash withdrawal at an ATM;
- making a request for a cash advance at any bank counter.
6. TERMINATION AND EXPIRY AND CANCELLATION
- a) You have a right to cancel Your Prepaid Card and thereby this Agreement without reason and without being charged the refund fee (as referred to in the Your Rights To A Redemption and the Fees and Limits Sections) for a period of up to 14 days after You receive Your Prepaid Card – this 14 day period is known as the "Cooling-Off Period". You also have the right to terminate this Agreement after the Cooling-Off Period at any time without notice. You can do so by contacting Customer Services and confirming that You have destroyed Your Prepaid Card. If Your Prepaid Card is cancelled or You have terminated Your Agreement in accordance with this Section We will immediately block Your Prepaid Card so it cannot be used.
- b) We may terminate this Agreement for any reason by giving You at least 2 months' notice.
- c) This Agreement will terminate immediately in the event of your death and We may terminate this Agreement immediately and will tell You as soon as practicable:
- if You break an important part of this Agreement, or repeatedly break any term in this Agreement and fail to resolve the matter in a timely manner; or
- if You act in a manner that is threatening or abusive to Our staff, or any of Our representatives; or
- if You fail to pay fees or charges that You have incurred or fail to put right any Shortfall (as defined in Section 13(d)).
7. KEEPING YOUR PREPAID CARD SECURE
- a) You should treat Your Prepaid Card like cash. If it is lost or stolen, You may lose some or all of Your money on Your Prepaid Card, in the same way as if You lost cash in Your wallet or purse. As a result, You must keep Your Prepaid Card safe and not let anyone else use it. You must keep Your PIN secret at all times. Do not reveal it to anyone. If You find Your PIN hard to remember, You can change it at most ATMs, by simply selecting the "PIN services" option.
8. YOUR LIABILITY
- a) If You know or suspect that Your PIN is known to an unauthorised person, or if You think a transaction is unauthorised or has been incorrectly executed You must tell Us without delay by contacting Customer Services. If You know or suspect Your Prepaid Card is lost or stolen You must contact Us straight away on the Lost and Stolen Prepaid Card Contact Number.
- b) Your maximum liability for any unauthorised transactions on Your Prepaid Card is &pounc;35, unless the investigations show that any disputed transaction was authorised by You, or You have acted fraudulently or with gross negligence (for example by failing to keep Your Prepaid Card or PIN secure or by failing to notify Us without delay on becoming aware of the loss, theft or unauthorised use of Your Prepaid Card), in which case You will be fully liable for any loss We suffer because of the use of the Prepaid Card.
- c) Provided You have not acted fraudulently or with gross negligence We will refund the amount of any transactions which Our investigations show are not authorised by You arising after You notify Us of the loss, theft, misappropriation or unauthorised use of Your Prepaid Card.
- d) We reserve the right to charge You for any reasonable costs that We incur in taking action to stop You using Your Prepaid Card and to recover any monies owed as a result of Your activities.
9. OUR LIABILITY
- a) Any liability on Our part in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the following exclusions and limitations.
- b) We will not be liable for any loss arising from:
- a Merchant refusing to accept Your Prepaid Card; or
- any cause which results from abnormal or unforeseen circumstances beyond Our control or which would have been unavoidable despite all Our efforts to the contrary; or
- Us suspending, restricting or cancelling Your Prepaid Card or refusing to issue or replace it if We suspect Your Account is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner, or as a result of You breaking an important term or repeatedly breaking any term in this Agreement;
- Our compliance with any applicable laws;
- loss or corruption of data unless caused by Our wilful default/wrong doing.
- load Your Prepaid Card; and/or
- use Your Prepaid Card to pay for purchases or obtain cash from ATMs (if applicable); and/or
- obtain information about the funds available in Your Account and/or about Your recent Prepaid Card transactions.
10. YOUR RIGHT TO A REDEMPTION
- a) You have the right to redeem the funds on Your Prepaid Card at any time. You can do so by sending Your request to Customer Services indicating the amount to be redeemed.
- b) When We process Your redemption, or return funds in accordance with the Termination And Expiry And Cancellation Section, We will charge a redemption fee (see the Fees and Limits Section 13) except:
- during the Cooling-Off Period; or
- during the 12 months following the expiry of the last Prepaid Card connected to Your Account; or
- when You are cancelling Your Prepaid Card because You object to a change We have made to this Agreement or do not wish Your Account to be assigned to a third party.
11. DISPUTED TRANSACTIONS
- a) You may be entitled to claim a refund in relation to transactions made using Your Prepaid Card where:
- the transaction was not authorised under this Agreement;
- We are responsible for a transaction which was incorrectly executed and notified to Us in accordance with the Authorising Transactions Section above;
- a pre-authorised transaction did not specify the exact amount at the time of its authorisation and the amount charged by a Merchant is more than You could reasonably have expected taking into account normal spending patterns on the Prepaid Card or the circumstances of the transaction. However, a claim for a refund in this circumstance will not be accepted if the amount of the transaction was made known to You at least 4 weeks before the transaction date or if the claim is made more than 8 weeks after being debited to Your Account;
- We were notified of the unauthorised/incorrectly executed transaction within 13 months of the debit date of such transaction.
12. CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT
- a) We may change the terms of this Agreement (including, without limitation, changing existing fees or introducing new fees) by notifying You by e-mail, on the Website, or other agreed means at least 2 months before the change is due to take effect unless We are required to change this Agreement immediately by law.
- b) The notices and up-to-date version of this Agreement will always be available on the Website. You should check the Website regularly for such notices and changes.
- c) You will be taken to have accepted the notified change unless You tell Us that You do not agree to the change prior to the change taking effect. In such circumstance, We will treat Your notice to Us as notification that You wish immediately to terminate this Agreement and We will refund any balance on the Prepaid Card in accordance with the Your Right to a Redemption Section above. You will not be charged a refund fee.
13. THE FEES AND LIMITS
- a) Please see here for a full list of all the card fees.
- b) When You use Your Prepaid Card at an ATM (if applicable), You may also be subject to fees and/or surcharge rules and regulations of the relevant ATM provider, or other financial institution or association.
- c) Authorisation will be requested for all transactions at the time of each transaction. In the unlikely event, for any reason whatsoever, a transaction is completed when there are insufficient funds on the Prepaid Card for that transaction (a "Shortfall"), the Shortfall must be reimbursed by You immediately.
- d) You agree that once We make this Shortfall known to You by e-mail We will charge You for the Shortfall amount and You must repay it immediately. We may charge the amount of the Shortfall from any other Prepaid Cards that You hold with Us, to any other payment method which You may designate at that time or against any funds which You may subsequently load onto Your Account. We may suspend Your Prepaid Card connected to You until We are reimbursed the Shortfall amount. In addition, We reserve the right to charge You the administration fee for each transaction that You make using Your Prepaid Card that results in a Shortfall or increases the Shortfall amount on Your Prepaid Card (see the Fees and Limits Section).
- e) You are responsible for ensuring that You have sufficient funds when You authorise a transaction.
14. YOUR DETAILS
- a) You must let Us know immediately if You change name, address, telephone number or e-mail address by using any of the details supplied on the Contact page on the Website. If We contact You in relation to Your Prepaid Card, for example, to notify You that We have cancelled Your Prepaid Card or to send You a refund, We will use the most recent contact details You have provided to Us. Any e-mail to You will be treated as being received as soon as it is sent by Us.
- b) We will not be liable to You if Your contact details have changed and You have not told Us.
- c) We may need to contact you urgently if we suspect or find fraudulent activity has occurred on your account (provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law) or if we suffer a security threat. To do so, we may (for example) send you a text message instead of calling or emailing you, if we think this is the quickest way to contact you. When we contact you, we will also give you information on how you can minimise any risk to your payment instrument depending on the nature of the security threat.
15. DATA PROTECTION
- b) If, when You apply for Your Prepaid Card, You opt in to receiving marketing information via email/mobile phone and/or do not opt out of receiving marketing by telephone or by post, We and third parties, with whom We may share personal data, may from time to time contact You with details of products and services We think may be of interest to You. If You no longer want Us to share Your personal data or to receive such communications, please advise Customer Services.
16. DISPUTES WITH MERCHANTS
- a) If You have any disputes about purchases made using Your Prepaid Card, You should settle these with the Merchant from whom You bought the goods or services. We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased using Your Prepaid Card. Remember that, subject to Section [6(c)] once You have used Your Prepaid Card to make a purchase We cannot stop that transaction.
17. COMMUNICATIONS / LOST AND STOLEN PREPAID CARDS
- a) If You have an enquiry relating to Your Prepaid Card You can call Customer Services. Calls to this number are charged at your standard network rate. Call costs from other networks may vary.
- b) You can report Your Prepaid Card lost or stolen by calling Our Lost and Stolen Prepaid Card Contact Number 24 hours a day.
- a) If You are unhappy in any way with Your Prepaid Card or the way it is administered or serviced, contact Customer Services.
- b) Details of the complaints procedure can be obtained from the Website or by calling our Customer Services Team as provided within the Contact Page.
- c) Any complaints you have will be dealt with quickly and fairly, within 15 business days but up to 35 business days in exceptional circumstances. Should we fail to respond within 15 days business, we will let you know why.
- d) If We are unable to resolve Your complaint, You may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. Telephone: 0800 023 4567 calls to this number are normally free for people ringing from a "fixed line" phone – but charges may apply if you call from a mobile phone or 0300 123 9 123 calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs. These numbers may not be available from outside the UK – so please call +44 20 7964 0500 if you are phoning from abroad, local call rates may apply. You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please visit http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
- e) If you are not happy with the product or service provided and feel that we cannot resolve your issue, you are entitled to submit your complaint via the European Online Dispute Resolution platform (“ODR platform”) by visiting the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
- a) Your Prepaid Card is an electronic money product, and as such it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.This means that in the unlikely event that Wirecard Card Solutions Limited becomes insolvent Your funds may become valueless and unusable and as a result You may lose Your money.
- a) We may assign the benefit and burden of these terms and conditions to another entity at any time, on giving You 2 months prior notice of this. If We do this, Your rights will not be affected.
21. TRANSFER TO A NEW PREPAID CARD
- a) We may transfer Your unused balance to a new Prepaid Card provided by a Prepaid Card issuer other than Wirecard Card Solutions Limited at any time. Before We do this, We will give You at least 2 months notice of the new Prepaid Card arrangements and the new Prepaid Card terms and conditions. Unless You advise Us within the 2 month notice period that You do not want a new Prepaid Card from the new Prepaid Card issuer, You agree that We can automatically transfer the unused balance on Your Prepaid Card to a new Prepaid Card provided by the new Prepaid Card Issuer.
- b) If You do not want to transfer to the new Prepaid Card issuer You may redeem Your funds as set out in the Section Your Right to a Redemption above and the redemption fee will be waived.
22. GOVERNING LAW
- a) This Agreement is concluded in English. All communications with You will be in English. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. PREPAID CARD ISSUER
- Wirecard Card Solutions Limited is a subsidiary of Wirecard AG and part of the Wirecard group of companies. It is a company registered in England under company number 7875693 and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 for the issuing of electronic money, FCA Register No. 900051. Its registered office is at Grainger Chambers, 3-5 Hood Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6JQ, UK
- Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. The Card is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd (“WDCS”) pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. WDCS is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct electronic money service activities under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Ref: 900051)
- Payment Card Technologies (the "Programme Manager") administers and services the Prepaid Card on Our behalf and is available to give You support if You have any queries or complaints (call 01753 778785*) or see Customer Services contact details on prepaidcard.easyJet.com.
- *calls to these numbers will be charged at your standard network rate. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.